I remember as a child how important today and memorial day was. I have had pretty much a family member in every war since world war 1. So today has always been special to me and my family. Our freedom isn't free...so I hope you remembered all of those who didn't get to come home to their family, so that we could remain free here in our own land.
*************************************************
ALL WE CAN DO IS REMEMBER
~~RONALD REGAN



'It is, in a way, an odd thing to honor those who died in defense of our country, in defense of us, in wars afar away.

The imagination plays a trick. We see these soldiers in our mind as old and wise. We see them as something like the Founding Fathers, grave and gray-haired.

But most of them were boys when they died, and they gave up two lives, the one they were living and the one they would have lived.

When they died, they gave up their chance to be husbands and fathers and grandfathers and veterans. They gave up their chance to be revered old men. They gave up everything for our country, for us. And all we can do is remember.'



******************************************************************

Final Inspection

The soldier stood and faced God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining.
Just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now,soldier.
How shall I deal with you ?
Have you always turned the other cheek ?
To My Church have you been true ?"

The officer squared his shoulders and said,
"No,Lord, I guess I ain't.
Because those of us who carry guns,
Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
And at times my talk was tough.
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny,
That wasn't mine to keep....
Though I worked a lot of overtime.
When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes,God, forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place,
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around,
Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here,Lord.
It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't,I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints had often trod.
As the soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now,soldier
You've borne your burdens well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven"s streets,
You've done your time in Hell."

- Author Unknown